This course is where your professional level of training begins. Working side by side with our instructors here at Devocean Divers Malapascua you will tweak your diving capabilities and polish up on all your skills you learned during you previous education with PADI.
You’ll increase your dive experience; learn about management and the logistics of a dive operation. Guiding and supervising clients around our dive sites and assisting our instructors during diver training, you will become a role model to divers around the world. Whether you want to work at a remote dive resort or closer to home at your local dive shop, the adventure of a lifetime awaits you.
PADI Rescue Divers who are at least 18 years old may enroll in the PADI Divemaster course. You also need to have:
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months.
- A medical statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- At least 40 logged dives to begin the course and 60 dives to earn certification.
- Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organization may apply.
What will you learn?
Our PADI Divemaster course educates you to become a leader and take control of most dive activities. Through knowledge development, training water skills, workshops and hands-on practical assessment, you cultivate the abilities to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
Our Divemasters here at Devocean Divers Malapascua are all equally trained and assessed to insure the highest quality of training. We take all our training from “zero to hero” diving very seriously insuring safe diving practices at all times and the best level of professionalism in the industry.
After your divemaster course you will be well trained to become a PADI Dive Instructor!